Thursday, July 20, 2006

I'm alive!

What a week, what a week...I can't go into details now, but I finally
created a gmail account to let my poor mother know I am alive. I have
had all kinds of problems emailing this week (I sense
censorship!)...anyway, last night I was desperate to let my family
know that I still exist and finally went to the hotel computer to try
one last time to see if hotmail would work. Again, I could read
messages, but could not send them - except I could send a subject line
- only, I couldn't get the words into English...so, I typed a
desperate "I'm alive!" in Chinese, and sent it. My group members
think you will all assume I am being held for ransom and that you are
frantically decoding the script. But no, I am on my break at school,
trying gmail. Hope it works and hope to get back to tell some more
stories soon!

No comments: