Monday, July 30, 2007

William E. Kumma

OK everyone, I have this friend named Bill Kumma. We were locker partners in high school (Lynnwood High School, of course), and we feel that the locker partner bond transcends just about everything. He emailed me this response to the Randy Couture posting (remember...Ultimate Fighting) and because Bill should be on Broadway, he deserves some kind of fame. Tonight, Bill, revel in the fame of my very modest blog.


Here is Bill's comment:


Smarj,

I couldn't add my comments in "LESS THAN 300 WORDS" (too much emphasis and too many exclamation points...), so I'm going to email my response directly to you and you can post as you see fit:

GO ROYALS!!! LHS RULES!!! PEEL TO THE LEFT! PEEL TO THE RIGHT! PEEL DOWN THE MIDDLE AND - UNH - TAKE A BITE! GO, BANANA, GO! GO, BANANA, GO! GO, BANANA, GO, BANANA, GO, BANANA, GO!!!!

Not only am I an LHS alum, not only was I junior class "president" (Marjie, you know I use that term VERY loosely), not only do I live back in the beautiful suburbia of Lynnwood, but Randy Couture was my cousin-in-law for a short time! We are somehow still connected by blood... It makes me want to go out and beat the crap out of someone RIGHT NOW!!

Ah, Marjie... I am so envious of your NY adventure - BROADWAY, BROADWAY, BROOAAADWAAAYYY! I wish I could go every year! However, reading your blog is ALMOST like being there... Once again, another of your friends that lives vicariously through you...

GO ROYALS!!! And, thanks to Mission Impossible II for giving us the correct pronunciation of "Chimera..."

Sbill

6 comments:

Brian Bowker said...

Bill - I am a fan.

kumma said...

HOOOOLEEEEE CRAAAAP!! I am touched, honored, embarrassed, and a little frightened to be a FEATURED SUBJECT of one of Marjie's famous blogs! But, most of all, I feel... for the first time in my life... I feel... FAMOUS! WOO-HOOOOOO! I am reveling! I'd like to thank all of the people that got me here: my parents for giving birth to me, my brother and sisters for encouraging me to follow my dreams, my high school English teacher my freshman year who taught me the meaning of the word "blog," but, most of all, the best locker partner anyone could ever have, Marjie Bowker. Without you, Marjie, I'd be just another scribe in the fictional world of my mind... Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU! (seriously, though, I'm a little freaked out...)

kumma said...

By the way, I meant "LESS THAN 300 CHARACTERS," not WORDS...

And, Brian, you cannot be a fan of mine when I bow to thee...

Anonymous said...

Was this William E. Kumma as funnnee before or after you were LHS locker partners?!

Loving all your photographs (clandestine ones too), as well as your amazing blog! I am living it with you. Wish I had seen Joan Didian's play with Vanessa Redgrave: unforgetable, I'm sure.
These food trips, from Vietnamese rolls to mole to that Venezuelan fried bread......Hospitality News here at home is calling you back!
Will miss reading your truly amazing adventures when you return!
Rita

Anonymous said...

Hi-finally back from the lovely Gulf islands of B.C. and catching up on your action! Wow! Loved Bill's post, hearing all about your musical and continued culinary escapades, and seeing you with Kristy! Will catch up with you soon! love you-me

The Norris Clan said...

Alas, I have been absent for a short time... but I am back!

So, Bill "should" be on Broadway? As a fellow "should be-er", I am intrigued...

Hope you are filling your last week with so many amazing stories we can't wait to hear!!

Dreaming of mole (on my non-sticky matress)...