Friday, October 09, 2009

Excuses, Excuses

Why didn't you go to your gym today?

Were you too tired? Hungry? Did you have too many things to do? Or were you just giving yourself the day off?

Or did it rain so hard in the afternoon that when you took the "Nam left" you found yourself on a completely flooded sidewalk/road, but you decided to go for it anyway and you drove one very wet block toward the gym when you saw three motorbikes stranded in the middle of the deeper part of the lake - maybe six inches - with no way around because of the construction on the other side and so you turned down the only street you could which led you through a very narrow street market where chicken feet were hitting you as you passed?

8 comments:

Annette said...

Oh Lewis,

How little did I suspect the 'adventurous' friend I had made in college would live up to her nickname. This post made a great early morning giggle. How boring life seems here after reading your blog.

Amy T. said...

Chicken feet. I didn't go to the gym because of chicken feet.

That, and I don't have a gym.

jp 吉平 said...

I'll go to the gym tomorrow. Sheesh!

The Norris Clan said...

Ummmm. well... can't say it was chicken feet or a flood... does being lazy count?

Missed you btw.

Tubagoa said...

I HAVE chicken feet. That's why I don't work out.

Cecilie said...

Do we always need excuses not to go to the gym? I think not!

Brian Bowker said...

What happens to the construction / road pit when it rains this hard? How do they keep it from turning into a road lake?

Marjie said...

I don't know, Brian. I guess I am concentrating so hard on swimming out of there that I don't look into the pit.