Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Crime Scene Photos

My mom and I murdered about 50 garden beets today...it's a summer tradition. We pickled half and roasted half, then spent the rest of the evening washing up beet blood. I'm sticking to my "high maintenance" description. How does The Veggie Evangelist do it? She must have someone cleaning up after her killings.

I can't stop taking pictures of my green and red garden food. Here's a caprese salad with a deep red heirloom tomato, and open-faced BLT's with a mixture of tomatoes on grilled panini. I think I could eat green and red food all summer.

4 comments:

Dad said...

The best part was the flavors of the beet salad and the BLTs. Thanks for coming over.

The Norris Clan said...

You're actually making me think the beets look good...

Anonymous said...

You're making me hungry! I think I need some good green and red food after my week of camp...

Anonymous said...

Hey! That kitchen looks familiar!
(But Maybe just a little more red then usual......)