Monday, December 14, 2009

A Minute with Marjie

I could spend hours writing about how much fun it is to have my family here, but that will have to wait... the one thing we have all been laughing about is how much attention Nolan is getting from everyone. Everyone wants to touch him - whether it's to stroke his cheek or pat his bottom or just look at him with googley eyes and point him out to everyone who passes.

I took everyone to my Singaporean restaurant tonight and our waiter, who was male, could not keep from touching his cheek - over and over. He brought about ten of the staff over and pointed at Nolan. They all wanted to know how old he was and would he come back soon? It was beginning to get a little bit creepy how much attention they were lavishing on him. Nolan is pretty much unfazed about most things and he just kept poking his food with a chopstick and dropping it into his mouth, much to the entertainment of the entire wait staff.

We are wondering how we can make some money off of this Nolan Phenomenon...any ideas?

4 comments:

Brian Bowker said...

I'd never stopped to consider how pinchable Nolan's cheeks are... I'll definitely have to try them out when you all get back!!

As for money making ideas... How hard is it to find one of those Styrofoam vaudeville hats in Vietnam...?

Tim Baker said...

Nolan looks a little bit like Wayne Gretzky. Maybe you could takes him to the market and have him sign autographs for 1,00o VND per signature.
Tim

Mungomotion said...

Wow, that explains a lot! When I saw Nolan's picture on this blog, I kept touching the computer screen, longing to grab his cheek. I had no idea where that was coming from...

I think the best way to make money on this is to just snag $30 from the wallets of those that are distracted by Nolan's beauty...

Brian Bowker said...

@Mungomotion: Brilliant!!